If you’re going to indulge, do so wisely, with anti-inflammatory focused foods. This dessert combines fiber-rich pears, omega-3 rich walnuts and cocoa, one of Dr. Perricone’s favorite superfoods. To reap the many health benefits Cocoa can confer to the body and skin, choose extra dark chocolate- preferably 70 to 85%. When possible, look for “non-dutched” cocoa, as the process of “dutching” cocoa significantly reduces the amount of flavanols in cocoa. Enjoy!
Makes 8 chocolate-covered slices
- 6 tablespoons dark chocolate
- 2 pears
- 4 tablespoons chopped raw walnuts
- Waxed paper
- Clean and slice pears in quarters, omitting core and seeds.
- Melt chocolate over low heat in a small saucepan, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Dip pear slices until half is covered. Sprinkle dipped side with raw walnuts. Place on wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
What are your favorite healthy desserts?
Why not discover how to bake our traditional Healthy Pumpkin Pie with our easy to follow steps!