What is Vitamin C Ester?Vitamin C Ester is a highly differentiated, fat-soluble form of Vitamin C. Vitamin C, a key ingredient of youthful skin, helps us stay healthy, fight sickness, make our skin glow, and repair our damaged cells.
How does Vitamin C Ester differ from Vitamin C?Vitamin C, on its own, is rather unstable. If you apply it topically, its high levels of acidity will irritate your skin and cause redness. It’s also water soluble, which means that it cannot penetrate past your skin’s powerful natural water barriers. Lastly, Vitamin C breaks down rapidly—causing it to lose potency very quickly. The driving force behind Vitamin C Ester is to fuse this otherwise unstable and insoluble vitamin with a fat-soluble carrier oil. This chemical bond makes it soluble, potent, and highly effective.
How does Vitamin C Ester benefit my skin?Multiple factors affect the composition of your skin: your environment, your genetics, your lifestyle choices, your age. These factors cause your skin to change in its color, texture, and composition, which in turn impact the way light reflects off of your face. Glow and radiance all come down to light reflection—a rough and blotchy skin surface translates to dull skin; a smooth skin surface (like that of a baby) translates to radiance. It’s also a matter of molecules. Youthful skin is full of vitamins and minerals—Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Retinol, and Collagen, to name a few. As the skin ages, molecules diminish and vitamin levels decline. Great skincare products incorporate these key molecules back into your skin, and the right ingredients are essential. One of the most effective ingredients in this process is Vitamin C Ester. Vitamin C Ester brightens and smooths your skin tone, minimizes the appearances of discoloration, and helps impart radiance on to your skin.
Will Vitamin C Ester work for all types of skin?No one ingredient can be the ultimate fix for any one individual’s skin. That being said, everyone can certainly benefit from incorporating some form of Vitamin C Ester into their routine! If you have these skin types, you’ll especially notice a difference in your skin’s appearance:
- Sensitive skin
- Redness or blotchiness on your skin
- Signs of aging and skin damage, like wrinkles and fine lines
What type of Vitamin C Ester-based product is right for me?For the best results, you should use your Vitamin C Ester product daily—and because of that, it’s essential to make the right choice that’s suited for you in the long term. Consider these factors when making your decision:
- Make sure the company is transparent about how much Vitamin C Ester is in their product. Many companies tout this ingredient as a marketing tactic while actually putting very little of the ingredient in their formula.
- Take a look at the packaging of the product to ensure that it holds potency. Our own Vitamin C Ester 15 treatment, for example, comes in four small tubes to help the product minimize degradation through contact with the air.
- Everyone’s skin is different, so while one person may see slight improvements in their skin’s appearance, another person might see drastic cosmetic changes immediately. Time and patience are key.
Ready to incorporate Vitamin C Ester into your routine? Check out our collection.