Summer Tips & Recipes for a Skin-Healthy Summer
Fire up the grill and don your favorite warm weather attire, because it’s that time of the year again. With summer in full gear, one question remains—are you (and your skin) ready for all that sunshine and summertime fun? This year, we’re helping you celebrate sunny days the Perricone MD way with these summer skincare reminders and delicious recipes.
Reminder #1: Layer on the sunscreen before heading outside.
Use an oil-free moisturizer such as Photo Plasma or Face Finishing Moisturizer Tint—which gives your skin just a hint of that warm summer glow—with SPF 30 to both properly hydrate and protect. Let your makeup work double-time as well, hiding imperfections while also protecting your skin from UVA/UVB rays with No Foundation Foundation Serum and No Concealer Concealer.
And while it all seems simple enough, there’s still a lot to consider when it comes to properly protecting your skin from the sun; learn more about selecting the right sunscreen and SPF here.
Reminder #2: Give your post-sun skin some serious TLC.
After spending hours outside, your skin is more than likely craving a chance to restore the nutrients and moisture lost throughout the day. But not to worry—applying a product like Cold Plasma can help provide skin with the care it needs to recover.
Looking for even more summer skin tips? You can find them here.
But now that the skincare basics are covered, let’s get to the real guest of honor at every summertime BBQ—the food. This year, forget the typical barbeque fare and try something a little different. Whether you’d like to drink, dine, delight (or all of the above) this summer, the recipes below should have you covered.
Drink: Pina Colada with a Twist
Packed with protein and healthy fats, this creamy coconut, almond and avocado twist on a summer favorite helps hydrate skin from the inside out.
- 4-6 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 1 small piece of avocado (⅕ of a large avocado, or ¼ of a small one)
- 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A dash of vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- 4-6 oz water
- 1 oz of rum (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
Dine: Rosemary Salmon Burgers
These delicious Rosemary Salmon Burgers not only add an omega-3 boost to your meal, but can also be enjoyed with different spices to satisfy even the pickiest of party guests.
- 12 oz canned wild alaskan salmon
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Pepper to taste
- Pulse salmon in a food processor for 1 minute. In a medium bowl, combine with remaining ingredients and form into 4 patties.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes, flip, then grill for another 4 to 5 minutes.
Delight: Greek Yogurt & Berry Parfait
We all know no party is truly complete without dessert, so go on and indulge without the guilt with this yogurt parfait packed with heart-healthy fats and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Plain greek yogurt
- Fresh organic peaches
- Sliced almonds
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Dark chocolate
- In a parfait glass, layer a tablespoon of yogurt, followed by sliced peaches; layer another tablespoon of yogurt topped with a teaspoon of sliced almonds. Continue alternating layers of peaches and almonds with yogurt.
- Top with fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries and dark chocolate, and serve.